40 gallon tank build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally converting my goldfish tank to a tropical community tank!
And so far
Substrate:
2 bags of Eco-complete
1 bag floramax
Lighting:
x2 6700k bulbs
Insta cycling with the old media and another piece of media from my 10 gallon

Attachments

• image-269874792.jpg
    image-269874792.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 123
hcourts said:
Awsome!! I loved my Eco complete!! What are you wanting to stock with?? Keep posting:)

Thanks! And yeah looks good so far cleared up nicely
I'm thinking
8 lemon tetras
10 cardinal tetras
10 rummy nose tetras
1 angel fish
And I've read that the substrates too rough for corys?
And will do

Fishandmusic81 said:
Thanks! And yeah looks good so far cleared up nicely
I'm thinking
8 lemon tetras
10 cardinal tetras
10 rummy nose tetras
1 angel fish
And I've read that the substrates too rough for corys?
And will do

Yeah I have 8 panda Cories and I have a Sand substrate and they love it! If you want Cories you might want to consider sand. Smooth , round gravel will be okay though

I had cories with my Eco and they did good. I just recently moved them all to my 55 which has sand and they love the sand but did fine with the other:)

Samzter said:
Yeah I have 8 panda Cories and I have a Sand substrate and they love it! If you want Cories you might want to consider sand. Smooth , round gravel will be okay though

Yeah I have sand in my other tanks with corys and I'd but a sand cap but it'd end up mixed up again anyways lol

Predfan27 said:
What are you thinking for plants?

I'm gonna gave to look and see at what my lfs brings this week
But for right now amazon swords and giant hygro for the background
I really want a lace plant

hcourts said:
I had cories with my Eco and they did good. I just recently moved them all to my 55 which has sand and they love the sand but did fine with the other:)

Hm I'll look into it hopefully I can have some

That's a great piece of driftwood!! I would like to find something taller like that!! Looking great!!

hcourts said:
That's a great piece of driftwood!! I would like to find something taller like that!! Looking great!!

Thanks! It wasn't cheap but my lfs id the only place where I could find them that big and they were selling quick so I had to get it lol

Bought 5 rummy nose tetras all the lfs had and they looked miserable in the 10 gallon tank they were in getting harassed by the other fish
After a few min of being in their new home their noses look redder :)

Fishandmusic81 said:
Bought 5 rummy nose tetras all the lfs had and they looked miserable in the 10 gallon tank they were in getting harassed by the other fish
After a few min of being in their new home their noses look redder :)

Rummynose are such a great choice for your tank! They will look spectacular! Although they have been known to be a little finicky with water parameters.

Predfan27 said:
Rummynose are such a great choice for your tank! They will look spectacular! Although they have been known to be a little finicky with water parameters.

They definitely are and yes I've read that too I'm just gonna keep up on water changes and hope they make it
At the baltimore aquarium they have a huge amazon biotope with hundreds of them :)
And they school very nicely

Back
Top Bottom