40g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this is just the beginning of my hex build but I will post pics as I keep adding

Those rocks look really awesome like that. I'm interested to see what the setup will look like with water!

Thx guys that's only 1/3 of the rock wall just got tired and took a break lol continue on it later

So here is my stock I think let me know any pros cons or advice to add or delete
1 make betta
2 german rams (male and female)
6 or 8 harlequin rasborias
2 african dwarf frogs
2 fire bellied newts
2 amano shrimp

So looking at substrate what do u think...black sand...pool filter sand...pool filter sand with small creek pebbles...or any suggestions

Also any advice on my stock

So here is my stock I think let me know any pros cons or advice to add or delete
1 make betta
2 german rams (male and female)
6 or 8 harlequin rasborias
2 african dwarf frogs
2 fire bellied newts
2 amano shrimp
get rid of the frogs and newts and your good to go

I made this tank specifically for newts why do u say take it out of stock

I made this tank specifically for newts why do u say take it out of stock
they eat any fish that fit in there mouths,and i think they are slightly toxic. and the frogs will have trouble competing for food

George9 said:
Those rocks look really awesome like that. I'm interested to see what the setup will look like with water!

Me to lol got to wait for tomorrow silicone has to cure for 48 hours

I agree on the newt and frogs. I'm not an aquarium pro but I do know my share about amphibians and reptiles.

There is no way the frogs can get to the food fast enough to get their share. They are however very quick in a short burst to grab something close to their mouth. That includes small fish - like rasboras.

The newt is definitely toxic and will eat rasboras as well. I would suggest doing a separate 10 gallon for them (with the intent to upgrade later). I raised African Dwarf Frogs for a while. You can pretty much get them to eat right out of your hand or from tweezers. They love tubifex worms - even the cubes off the shelf. Just soak them for a while before feeding them. They will take huge bites.

Your rock work looks great. BUT, do not add frogs, or newts, especially a combo of the two. They both secrete toxins which will harm each other, also newts need cold water and the fish need tropical water. They will both be out-competed for food by the fish. If you want newts, it's best to keep them in their own tank.

Its there anything I can do that would need to get out of water that's not brackish

Your rock work looks great. BUT, do not add frogs, or newts, especially a combo of the two. They both secrete toxins which will harm each other, also newts need cold water and the fish need tropical water. They will both be out-competed for food by the fish. If you want newts, it's best to keep them in their own tank.
ADFs dont have toxins

Back
Top Bottom