5 Gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neons need more room than a 5g can provide. Really there aren't many schooling fish that would work in a 5g.

I would look into Sparkling Gouramis, a Betta, a Honey Gourami, or just make it a shrimp tank.

I had a pair of Sparkling Gourami's in my 5g a few years ago, they did really well in there, and they're a beautiful fish. Just to throw my $0.02 in :) I currently have 1 Male Betta and 2 Otos in my 5g. If you wanted more than 1 colorful fish though, you could probably get away with 2 female bettas, they get along with each other. As another option :)

My betta some how got out of my tank and was laying on the floor when I got home the other day, which is why I have this as an empty tank. I loved that Betta to 'cause it kinda knew me. When I walked up it swims to the glass when I opened the lid it didn't dart away anymore either it came up the top where I feed it. I'd like to know still how it ended up on the floor with a fully enclosed glass canopy.

I put two gouramis in the tank, blood red gouramis.

sparkling gouramis have that same 'get to know you' thing that bettas do. mine always come and say hi when i put my face up to the tank :)

Back
Top Bottom