50 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flourish comprehensive at the moment..with an occasional addition of Florapride if my swords are looking like they need a little extra iron or potassium.

Coleallensmom said:
Flourish comprehensive at the moment..with an occasional addition of Florapride if my swords are looking like they need a little extra iron or potassium.

Thanks, regarding the Flourish comprehensive, are you following the bottle instructions?

Expect my Flourish Comprehensive to arrive today! Hope I don't have to be Jack and The Beanstalk after I apply! LOL

lol A lot of plant people use dry ferts and I may one day switch over (especially if Co2 is added to the tank), but right now the Flourish is working well for me.

Sooooo excited at the moment! I found a local fish breeder who also has a fairly extensive list of shrimp. I'm going to meet with her this week and pick up some Caridina cf. breviata sp. "Bumble Bee" Shrimp from her for this tank. Can't wait! Will post pics when I bring them home. :D

GOING TODAY to pick up my Bumble Bees! I've been wanting Crystal Reds f-o-r-e-v-e-r but haven't been able to find anyone local who sells them. Very excited to get my hands on the bumble bees instead. (Can't wait to get them home!)

Last edited:
Let me know how your shrimp work out. I ordered some of those a few weeks ago during the heat wave and they arrived dead. So now that it has cooled down I may try again.

Got them home :)

184004_2228816409117_1509052066_32355941_103299_n.jpg

Been playing hide and seek with the Bumble bees all day today. Haven't really gotten any good pics of them yet, but I'll keep trying. In the mean time I have some new pics of the tank and a short video clip. :)

fishAugust.wmv - YouTube

Pics, August 12th. Trimmed lots back and moved most of the star grass over to my 20 gal...seems to be doing better in that tank...maybe partly because the crypt wendtii is gradually taking over that right hand corner. I pulled up some sprigs and planted them at various places across the front.

img_1495619_0_765cee44844f5af9e93a60db4311327e.jpg

img_1495619_1_4e51a880dfe1f88192f47a919843c5ad.jpg

img_1495619_2_7c470b64f23c7078f37d5497d0a09605.jpg

Last edited:
Dies your video stop and start? I have trouble with videos for some reason. Should I adjust something on my iPhone?

Back
Top Bottom