50 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New picture from this week:

img_1449183_0_5505f32c8f912fa0c956be81b127d3a6.jpg

Anyone care to explain to me how to share a video?

Last edited:
Upload it to youtube, and then just paste the link. The forum will automatically embed the video into your post.

The tank continues to look amazing! A video will be good -- it will prove that you just didn't photoshop this masterpiece. :)

+1 to fort with the youtube. I know most links just works, but I don't know if the html of the one you are using will work as well.

Upload it to youtube, and then just paste the link. The forum will automatically embed the video into your post.

The tank continues to look amazing! A video will be good -- it will prove that you just didn't photoshop this masterpiece. :)

*hahaha* I took one with my little Powershot point and shoot...my angels are attention hogs and try their best through the whole video to get in front of the camera, but you get the gist of things.

Last edited:
Wow I couldn't believe it but now you have proof! It is amazing WOW is all I can say, I'm jealous of your talent and wish you could sell me that tank! :)

Wow I couldn't believe it but now you have proof! It is amazing WOW is all I can say, I'm jealous of your talent and wish you could sell me that tank! :)

O' thee of little faith! lol ;) I'm really enjoying the dimensions of the 50 gal..It's really a great size tank.

Thanks. :)

Beautiful tank Alisha :D

Looking forward to the next video update :)

Last edited:
Wow, this is beautiful!!! I am jealous! I have a 36 gallon bowfront and I really love it but have just started considering adding live plants along with the existing ones. Sounds like I might be sorry it is so deep?
I have a tank 36WX17HX18.5D. I got it from a private party who said it was a breeder tank- 40 gallons. Does that sound right? I am planning to sell it as I bought it on an impulse and really like the bowfront.

How deep is the bowfront? If you're wanting live plants (the only way to go IMO!) not only are shorter tanks easier to maintain (I had to stand on a stool just to reach the gravel during PWCs with my 37 gal), but they are easier to work with as far as lighting is concerned because your light is closer to the substrate. 40 breeders are EXCELLENT tanks for planting. The bowfronts are nice to look at, but I'd completely recommend hanging on to the 40 breeder.

Coleallensmom said:
How deep is the bowfront? If you're wanting live plants (the only way to go IMO!) not only are shorter tanks easier to maintain (I had to stand on a stool just to reach the gravel during PWCs with my 37 gal), but they are easier to work with as far as lighting is concerned because your light is closer to the substrate. 40 breeders are EXCELLENT tanks for planting. The bowfronts are nice to look at, but I'd completely recommend hanging on to the 40 breeder.

Really? Well in that case I'm glad I bought my forty breeder! :) Gotta choose from so many plants though, gonna be tough!

I'm partial to my 50gal, but 40 breeders are great too. They are big enough to give you space to play with when planting but have a short enough height to make maintenance easier.

Back
Top Bottom