50 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coleallensmom said:
I think so too..thanks! ;):)

I showed some friends and family the pic in the magazine and they all said that your tank is beautiful. So not to go on about it but, you really deserved the readers spotlight for sure!!! Keep up the great work. I wished you lived in AZ cause I would love to see your tank in person!!!

I showed some friends and family the pic in the magazine and they all said that your tank is beautiful. So not to go on about it but, you really deserved the readers spotlight for sure!!! Keep up the great work. I wished you lived in AZ cause I would love to see your tank in person!!!

They didn't put a full tank shot in and they didn't put a full plant list. :blink: I was really excited about it though..especially considering the few adults that vist my house on a regular basis are not aquarists and could care less what my tanks look like. lol :huh::rolleyes: Thanks for the encouragement. :)

More pics :)

Wendtii still growing like weeds. Still having issues with chainsword growth thanks to my angels, however my Blyxa is doing wonderfully.

img_1531346_0_1f1b83516571632a88d5318695f3ab7c.jpg

More angel pics:

img_1531346_1_5f0a6fcf8e97bf7c50c0d5c42b673d07.jpg

img_1531346_2_463c951f473e1aa4f2e45eb25f867916.jpg

Coleallensmom said:
More pics :)

Wendtii still growing like weeds. Still having issues with chainsword growth thanks to my angels, however my Blyxa is doing wonderfully.

More angel pics:

WHOOA! Beautiful tank! I think you have the best planted tank I've seen!

What a beautiful tank! I wish I had the nerve to try live plants but I just set up tanks again after 30 years...did it all wrong...about had heart attack when instructions said to submerge heater....now trying to deal with ich and cycling multiple tanks! So maybe someday I will learn enough to have a planted tank like yours! Good luck, it's gorgeous!

What a beautiful tank! I wish I had the nerve to try live plants but I just set up tanks again after 30 years...did it all wrong...about had heart attack when instructions said to submerge heater....now trying to deal with ich and cycling multiple tanks! So maybe someday I will learn enough to have a planted tank like yours! Good luck, it's gorgeous!

Hope things are going better! If you have questions, there are lots of great people here at AA who can help. :) Consider live plants..they look great and are beneficial to your tank!

Everything still going A-ok with this tank..just did a major trimming of the background plants and I have the foreground all filled in with blyxa now. Just picked up some new horned bumble nerites which I just love!

img_1570096_0_0f2aa903f396832c583c5a0f04552948.jpg

img_1570096_1_c5e676e54158fb3d3307d25a376fd664.jpg

I love your comment about being afraid to submerge the heater. I felt the same way. I had to read the directions again just to be sure I read them right :ROFLMAO:
Listen to Collensmom-she has one of the nicest planted thanks ever!

Last edited:
Tank looks great! Between you and that tank that Craig posted up, we have got some aquascaping skills on the board. I think you should get a 150gal and we can have a scape-off.

That would be amazing :)

Wish I had more$ to explore all the ideas that pop into my head! I haven't been to my plant store in about three months because I've been trying to be good and I can't resist picking up new plants when I am there. lol Maybe I'll get some more for Christmas. ;)

Been throwing around the idea of taking out the rocks in this tank to make room for more plants. Can't quite bring myself to take them out just yet (my snails and otos love sitting on them) so I ordered some star moss and I am going to attempt to grow that over the rocks to see how that looks. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to get a nice sized covering going. :)

img_1631501_0_bf272954a67ce62106a154ff2bcaf566.jpg

img_1631501_1_b1fa93ae9fe685ea193a338efc05a1c6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom