500 gallon oscar tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZacksFlowerhorn123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am wanting to get some catfish to be in here with the lonesome 3 inch oscar(tank took 3 months to cycle). I have been raising 4 clown loaches in a 55 gallon(a 125 was awaiting them. But whatif i put the clowns with the oscar? Moving on:fish1: . I want some striped raphael catfish but i dont know how many to put in so yeah. Any suggestions on cats? I got a 1 inch pleco yesterday and he will be going in with the O soon. The tank has live plants and has been aquascaped(by me:D) i dont have any pics yet but hopefully in the future i will post them

Procrastinaters unite!!! )Tomorrow:)whistle:

Oscars grow fast as I had one for almost a year n he went from 3inches to almost 10in in that time, be careful, he may go after the clown loaches, pleco n Raphael should be fine.. just be careful, they r very very hungry fish lol good luck!!!

Thanks dans 180! As for theothers i dont have pics because i dont have a camera(i just moved out of my parents house and inherited the tank from my grandfather :'( 6 months ago.) sadly a camera didnt come with it. I am trying to decide what is more important to spend my hard worked for money on. A. A camera. Or B. More goodies for the tank. But yeah working for a company called Vitamix. Tough times. Tough times.

P.s. This house has lie 4 rooms and the tank takes up half of 1 of the rooms. Place looks trashie and im going to bed because all said and done i still have school tomorrow. Err. Today. 1:09

What are the dimensions of the tank? Are you wanting smaller catfish species? I love raphaels but they stay fairly small and always hide. You will literally never see them in a 500g tank.

If you like the look of the Raphael an Irwini would be a good cat. You have plenty of room in the 500g.

Get about 3 or 4 more oscars as well.

96x36x36.(thats the dimensions) what does everyone think of a jardini arowana. I understand once they hit 10 they go biserk. But by then i should have another tank setup... So 3 more oscars and the catfish you listed i shall lookup.. Allright lunchbrakes (ova). L8er

Back
Top Bottom