55 g tank bought today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked up an All Glass 55 gallon tank and heater, in the process of transferring everything over from the 29 to the 55. The fish are in a rubbermaid tote with filter and driftwood. once everything is transferred over, and things settle a bit, will snap some pics...We will be custom making the hood, and purchasing a 48 inch dual flourescent shop light to provide lighting. I am going to begin drawing up specs for a hood, and pricing material. I want to make it of an oak type wood, possibly cherry if I can find it.

Well, I would be taking pictures right now, as the water is near crystal clear...but the kids decided to wake up before us, and not let us know, and play in the fish tank. I lost one glass cat fish, 1 digital thermometer (dropped in the tank). Decorations are all rearranged, plastic plants uprooted, decor upside down clear across the tank. They added 1 or 2 frozen food blocks in there, so we're going to have to monitor our perams for a while. I'll get pictures once we get it re-scaped...

Thanks for all the help

Bear

papa_bear_21 said:
Well, I would be taking pictures right now, as the water is near crystal clear...but the kids decided to wake up before us, and not let us know, and play in the fish tank. I lost one glass cat fish, 1 digital thermometer (dropped in the tank). Decorations are all rearranged, plastic plants uprooted, decor upside down clear across the tank. They added 1 or 2 frozen food blocks in there, so we're going to have to monitor our perams for a while. I'll get pictures once we get it re-scaped...

Thanks for all the help

Bear

Sorry to hear that you lost a fish, and the tank sounds a mess, kids can be a nuisance unless you can get them to learn that they can't just dip their hands in and muck about... :(

What you should tell them that you have put a Piranah in there and if they keep putting there hands in there it'll pop out and bite there fingers off, that'll keep their hands out of the tank!!! :mrgreen:
(well, it might, but then again, it could scare them too much, so just play about with the Piranah idea rather than just saying what I said!!! :lol: )

Well, one of the ones messin with the tank is the same one who crashed the first one, and we explained to him what happens. I wont say that they are a nuisance or anything like that, they just have their quirks, and we are going to work with them about it. I will likely find a temporary cover for it until we can get something more permanent built. Which will be next payday, and get some acrylic. From there, I will be designing and building the hood.

Will get some pics as soon as we can

Well, Things are beginning to get back in order, the tank was moved to a new location in the room. I will hopefully be getting some pictures here soon, but the digital camera's batteries are dead at the moment. We have it mostly back in order, and a partial water change was done during the move. I haven't noticed any ill effects from the rampage, which I guess is a good thing. Can too much Stress Zyme hurt the fish? We found out later the about half of a large bottle of the stuff in the tank. I guess that could be why the fish are doing so well? LOL

I hope to get some pictures in the next few days, thanks to all who have been patient...

Bear

Back
Top Bottom