55 gal. Reef start up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef lover 642

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the site, ( and reef keeping ) but I know I've come to the right place! My first question, ( of many ) is lighting. As an electrician, I had a 4 lamp T5 HO setup in my basement. Is that a decent amount of light for corals? If so, what color temp should I go with on those 4 lamps? Should I mix it up? 10k with 6.5k etc.? Talk to me people my tanks fate is in your hands!

If it is individual reflectors it is better but you can use them with just one reflector. I like the ati bulbs ATI T5 Lamps I like the special purple, 2 aqua blue and one special blue. I have 4 t5s over my 55 in those colors to give you an idea what you can get to grow and light color
My lights hadn't been on very long that morning. The bubble tip should have went up the rocks to find a good spot instead it went into hiding probably to getaway from the clown fish and ended up dieing. Everything has increases steadily in size and some of has been fragged since this video. My tank is now a little bluer since the lights have had a chance to burn in better.

Just checked out your vid. Gorgeous tank! Nothing like a little inspiration! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I'll be sharing some pics/ vids soon!

I look forward to seeing it all set up.

There is a couple of things you will want to get a refractometer and a good quality test kit. Take your time when doing a saltwater tank only things bad things happen fast in this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom