55 gallon big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok all you back up of my RTC I have a long time before that thig gets too big the feather fin I'm getting rid of due to the fact I want knives again and I need live Rick for my salt water tank so chill on the feather fin.... The RTC is approximately 5 inches at most it had a long time before it even out grows the cave it's in ok so some of you may think its cruel but if you think having a 5" fish in a 55g tank is wrong there's something wrong with you yes I'll rehome it once its bigger trust me

No actually, you dont have a long time till it outgrows. They can grow 2"+ a month.

Op doesnt want to hear what we have to say so I wouldnt waste anymore space trying to get it through to him. Just be done with it and let him see on his own.

How will you actually know when its too big for the tank OP? They get stunted when not provided with adequate space and stop growing and die

Op doesnt want to hear what we have to say so I wouldnt waste anymore space trying to get it through to him. Just be done with it and let him see on his own.

How will you actually know when its too big for the tank OP? They get stunted when not provided with adequate space and stop growing and die

I was actually just going to say that. I was reading his previous threads and he said "im only 16, dont yell at me i dont know what im doing" or something like that. Im 15. I research for a long time before i get anything. Ik almost everything about all the fish i have, know how to maintain all my tanks and take care of all the fish. Age doesnt matter an here

People have told me before to get African brown knives and they were experienced with knives

People have told me before to get African brown knives and they were experienced with knives

Ya, Brown Knife get to approx 8" in captivity, if it was your only fish in the 55g then it's better than having the RTC at 24" in a year in the 55g.

Maybe rehome all those other fish and get this one, they would be better off.

I wanna keep my RTC it's the coolest fish I've ever had besides a clown knife

55 not big enough for even 1 Brown knife. As others have said it's the width of the tank that is your problem. A 75 be good for 1 Brown knife plus you'll need lots of plants rocks and some wood. They need lots of hiding places. Floating plants good also to folder out some light

Ya, you are looking at a true monster fish!!

It will grow 2" a month if not more. This fish can be 24" in two years. You need like a 600 gal tank to house it and then some if you want any other fish.

Then what kind of freckling predator can I have NO OSCARS OR ANYTHING STUPID

And there you have it some one decided to say how big of a tank is really required for a fish that is 2ft long and about 12 inches in diameter.

Don't they need a bigger tank OB seen some an they were almost the size of a garfish that's probably about 12"

Im probably going to get yelled at after this but i don care.

I really dont care what you want. And i dont think some if the others to either. The red tail cat will get AS BIG AS YOUR TANK. And you need at LEAST a 12'x8' tank to house one for LIFE.

Yes ik that but it's only 5" I'd rehome it before it could even get a foot I mean I do like cudas I've wanted one for a while but I love knives

I was just suggesting a predator type fish for ya that not an Oscar or cichlid I agree with you they are common and boring but the size of your tank limits you in the cool department of the predator fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom