55 gallon big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes ik it sux too I hate it but love it do you know of any other cool predator fish besides the cuda I do want one though very mean lookin

If you can fit a55 a 75 should also fit that'll open up more options for you you get more width.

Problem is I don't have a job I'm 16 it's just a really long story anyways I don't have a lot of money and if I had a 75gallon tank I would literally be the happiest person alive

I finish with this if you want the ultimate in predator fish you need to research what is required to keep the wolf fish. You'll need a different tank of course but it's the only fish you can get that will jump up and eat your hand if it's too close and it feels like it. Liveaquaria.com is somewhere you should research fish. Eels are neat to have that'll work with a 55. But your first concern should be to find s home for your RTC right now you can not put anything else in that tank until you move that one.

Being 16 you have more to worry about (school) than a job right now. It's better to now than later to find a home for your RTC while it's small it'll be easier. Understand the 55 is not a big tank long yes but wide no. 6 8 inch Max length on predator type fish that swim that's what they do swim and hunt so 12 inch wide tank not much room to turn around in. I'm with ya on oscars big dumb ugly floating fish boring. Cichlids look real nice not a predator though there just mean. Brings us back to cudas or eels . Cudas will want open space to swim so not many tall plants or wood. But floating plants would be good they can hide up top waiting for a snack

Could I put two cudas in the 55 with African butterfly fish or will they eat them cuz I like butterfly fish two they're very cool

I was actually just going to say that. I was reading his previous threads and he said "im only 16, dont yell at me i dont know what im doing" or something like that. Im 15. I research for a long time before i get anything. Ik almost everything about all the fish i have, know how to maintain all my tanks and take care of all the fish. Age doesnt matter an here

I'm 13, and I research for a long time before buying (probably too long). You're totally right, sometimes people can be adults but they don't care enough to learn about what they're buying.

OP: Is the silver dragon fish or whatever a bichir or what? Here you say it's a bichir:

It's a bichir lol and forget the black ghost it ended up getting ate by another fish somehow it sucks cuz that was the only fish I could hand feed and yes they do get bigger but my fish are only 6 1/2 inches and 8 inches they're not that big[/QUOTE]

On this thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/black-ghost-knife-fish-240746-2.html

No that's a snack for a cuda if toy want cudas that's what you'll have in the tank cudas and what ever they eat

Used too but my gourami killed them and then my silver idk how it died honestly

Liveaquaria.com will help you. There's a difference between predator fish like a cuda and aggressive predator think of great White shark there's him than nothing else aggressive they'll learn to live with each other. If you want predator fish that's all you get. If you want aggressive you'll have to research what you can mix but a55 limits you to quantity because of territory.

Lol yeah I wish I still had that dragon that was so cool it was a shimmering silver it was cool but could I keep a cuda with a dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom