55 Gallon Community build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iadubber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well,
Some of you follow my 72 bowfront build. I'm transferring that stock to this tank and making the 72 a RR FOWLR. MTS has hit.

Just a refresh on what is in the tank:
1 DG
6 assorted platies (trying to rehome to reduce bio load)
7 Harlequin Rasboras
5 Rainbows
3 Peppered Cories
4 Cardinal Tetras
1 Ghost Shrimp

Jungle Val
Rotala
Anacharis
Anubias Nana
Amazon Sword
Java Fern

I do believe I'm going to dirt the bottom of this tank with organic potting soil. PFS on top of that. We'll see how dirty it gets.

I've cleaned it and water tested it. I just finished painting the back glass.

Untitled by iadubber, on Flickr

Untitled by iadubber, on Flickr

Just a temporary spot until our basement is finished in the spring then it will go down in my office and photography studio.

Equipment:
FluVal 405
Hydor 300

Very nice tank, the black sand and background make the colors of the fish and plants even more vibrant.

adadkins1 said:
Very nice tank, the black sand and background make the colors of the fish and plants even more vibrant.

Thanks, it sure makes a difference. I had pfs before and hated it.

The tank looks great with the black sand. I will have to get some for my ten gallon. Also, where did you get the stand looks awesome.

Picked up some cheap extension tubes for my camera since I didn't have a macro lens. These work pretty good!

Used my Canon 5D, canon 85mm 1.8 lens manally set to f/4, and the 28mm extension tube. Used a flash on top of the glass canopy shooting in a 1/8th power on cactus V4s to trigger it.

IMG_1044 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1038 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1037 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1035 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1020 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1018 by iadubber, on Flickr

Iadubber, that is one bad-*** looking tank, with the black background and black sand. And it's scaled really nicely.

thanks, I actually have removed most of the rocks from the tank. I'm planning on buying a larger piece of driftwood to take it's place. The rocks were just too bright for me.

My plants have been growing now that I have put in root tabs. I've had about 2 inches of growth on the anacharis in two weeks and my jungle val is now spreading tons of roots out. I am hoping the plants start filling it out soon.

Back
Top Bottom