55 gallon stocking suggestions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
alright, i made a previous thread on here about this same tank, and now i'm just trying to figure out one more fish to add to my 55 gallon setup. all the fish are some youngins, none of them are over 2" in length right now.

right now in there i have:
3 clown loaches
2 featherfin synodontis
5 black mollies
4 otocinclus
3 ghost shrimp

i know these fish (especially the clowns) can grow pretty big, but in the future i plan on upgrading to at least a 120 gallon or above. but that's a ways away before that happens

i really wanted some african cichlids for awhile, but i know most of them are generally aggressive. i kind of want something african though, because i wanted to try to go for an african/asian setup maybe...i want to move the otos out and put them in my 92 gallon at some point as well (because they're kind of like the SA outcast)...

any ideas?

Maybe kribensis? They aren't anywhere near as aggressive as the rift lake African cichlids.

For schooling fish, maybe Congo tetras or Arnoldichthys spilopterus? There are some of those on Aquabid right now, they look gorgeous, I'd love some but no room left in my tank!

Of course, you do know that mollies certainly aren't from Africa....

Sounds like a cool tank....keep us updated with your decisions.

well i know mollies aren't from africa, but neither are clown loaches

the kirbensis i was definetely considering. it's gonna be awhile before i purchase any fish, but that's why i'm going to spend some time trying to consider it

congo tetras seem cool too, but i'm not sure how they'd do with my mollies

SeymourFRESH said:
congo tetras seem cool too, but i'm not sure how they'd do with my mollies
Mollies dont care about any other fish.... they all have mental problems I have come to the conclusion (although SUPER cool personalities). The tetras on the other hand should be fine w/ the mollies also.

And remember that Mollies breed faster than anything can eat them :D
I think your 5 mollies with a little cover will turn into 50 before too long. hehe

Back
Top Bottom