55g is finally happening!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
So it's almost time to get my 55 up and going for real! So excited!!! The tank has been siting in a back room in our house and is little dusty. What is the best way to clean it, I can't leave it outside because it's cold here and I don't want it to crack or anything. Would wiping it out with a damp paper towel be sufficient?

Keep us updated when it's full of decor and water.

Sure thing! I will be moving all of my fish from my 30g into it tonight, I have an aqua tech 30-60 and an aqueon quiet flow on my 30 that are cycled and ready to go.

Aww cool! I can't wait for pics!

I'm gonna miss having an aquarium in my room! Ive had my 30g in my room for two months, it's gonna be an adjustment lol. My husband may have a hard time getting me out of the living room at night haha.

Tagging along! I remember my first 55...it was huge, like a bath tub compared to the 20 I had at the time. Pics!

I'm gonna miss having an aquarium in my room! Ive had my 30g in my room for two months, it's gonna be an adjustment lol. My husband may have a hard time getting me out of the living room at night haha.

Very exciting! Why don't you keep the 30g going though? :brows: I know I would.

Tagging along! I remember my first 55...it was huge, like a bath tub compared to the 20 I had at the time. Pics!

That's exactly how I feel, like it's a bath tub! I'm dreading filling it up, still don't have a water changer, only buckets :(

Very exciting! Why don't you keep the 30g going though? :brows: I know I would.

I may once I get more filters for my 55. I use both my aqua tech 30-60 and aqueon quiet flow 30 on my 30 and they are both going to the 55, I like having extra filtration :)

So excited for you! Looking forward to pics. :)

That's exactly how I feel, like it's a bath tub! I'm dreading filling it up, still don't have a water changer, only buckets :(

We found a water changer for a good price off amazon.

Ok... Update time :D
Also I'm planning on going to LFS today to get a few more fish, any suggestions on what I should get? Ok time for pictures!!!

image-2263715178.jpg

Closer view of the log decoration.

Got a little to excited and hit the send button before I did captions for the other two lol. Second one is a closer view of the other wood decoration I have, last of course is the full tank (which I know you can't tell much about, sorry!)
Fishies are having a ball, they love all the room :)

Attachments

• image-328528705.jpg
    image-328528705.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3686649615.jpg
    image-3686649615.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom