55g seaclear acrylic build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought a used seaclear 55g acrylic tank for $50. I need to cleqn it up still and buff out some scratches and stuff. Does anyone have any experience removig scratches from acrylic?

Look up uarujoey on YouTube. He has several a video on removing scratches. Never had to do it myself but maybe his video will help.

The video that you recommended really helped.
I ordered the novus repair kit, and it should be in next week.

Glad it helped. I'm new at this and found those videos while researching. Between his videos and AA. I have gotten alot of good info and ideas

I tried the novus solution for about 2 hours, and i coulnt getthe scratches out.
Im going to get some wet dry sandpaper and sand it down a bit, then use the novus solution again.

Sorry if you wasted time and money. That guy seems to be know what he is doing but I guess you don't know until you try it.

I didnt waste any money, i watched some more videos, and alot of ppl tried it after they sanded it down. It workes good for them, i just need to get the deep scratches, and the majority of them are on the front panel of the tank.
The tank isnt in the best condition atm, there are a lot of scratches. I got it for $50 though, so i can't complain.
I really appreciate your help btw.

I uploaded some pics of the tank before i did any work on it. There in an album on my profile.

Back
Top Bottom