5g Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I haven't really shared many pics of my betta, Neptune, so I thought I'd do that today. He isn't the prettiest, but I still love him :)
Hiding
IMG_2769.JPG

Put up a mirror, he's flared more at food hahaha
IMG_2770.JPG

slightly better pic
IMG_2771.JPG

not so good one haha
IMG_2772.JPG

Clean water, and maybe some Stress-Coat with aloe. ;) Try changing 50% of his water every other day.
Also, is there a heater in there? What's the temp?

no heater, usually at around 78-80 but that's with the lights on. I turned em off and I'll check in about an hour and see what its at. I'll have to buy one once I get the money/ I don't have any stress coat right now, just prime, looks like I'll have to mow the yard again... ugh won't be long before my bday lol. I did a 50% pwc already today, I'll do it again Tuesday.

How about changing part of it Wednesday? LOL. Not every day, just every other day. ;)
You can get a small bottle of stress coat for around $3, and you use 2 tsp per gallon, so you would only use one per water change, and it should last a bit. If that doesn't help, you can try salt, but don't use for more than 10 days. :)
Temps of 78* and lower will also affect their fins.

Oh I thought it was Sunday lol. I wouldn't think it would get below 78 because the room temp rarely gets below that, but I guess I never really checked for sure :|

That's fairly cool for a betta tank, you should get a heater when you can, because I am sure it cools off even more in the winter. :(

Its 79, I'll try to. I'll probably be able to afford it around my bday. What kind should I get? Visi-therm? Last winter it didn't get colder, at least not that I noticed, which was during the day. My room is usually the warmest in the house in winter time haha.

If you can find one of the older heaters without the inidcator light, they are good. I had my one visi-therm overheat my betta tank to 97*.

K I found it. I hope I can get him looking better. For the next few days is it ok if I use the salt? Maybe I'll be able to by some stress coat by then.

I use the salt as a last option, since you have to manually remove it all, but since you are doing pwc's anyway, you might be okay. Doesn't hurt to try. :)

First day, 1/2 tsp per gallon. After that 1 tsp per gallon. But if you change 50% of the water, only put a 1/2 tsp back in, but I am sure you knew that already.

Back
Top Bottom