5g hex build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With that paticular filter I think the only way to add extra media is to put it in a nylon bag and lay it on top.

have you ever seen an eclpise hood? heres a pic water exits pump on left flows over the blue pad(completely submerged) then hits bio wheel and exits

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 70
I'm not at all familiar with the filter. Anywhere you can get it where it stays wet and has some form of mechanical filtration ahead of it is fine. Even inside a cartridge would work I guess if you can get it in there.

the catridge has a black plastic casing below the blue bad so if you were viewing from top its pad--->empty space---->bottom of catridge. did you see the picture i posted?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
the catridge has a black plastic casing below the blue bad so if you were viewing from top its pad--->empty space---->bottom of catridge. did you see the picture i posted?

So the bio-media would be the first thing the water hits? That's fine for a fishless cycle, but you'll have to do some rearranging once you have fish to try and keep it clean of debris.

eco23 said:
So the bio-media would be the first thing the water hits? That's fine for a fishless cycle, but you'll have to do some rearranging once you have fish to try and keep it clean of debris.

not entirely id draw a diagram but cant on my phone so iltry my best to explain like this

water exits pump---> hits blue pad
flows down to empty space-----> then off to bio wheel

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
not entirely id draw a diagram but cant on my phone so iltry my best to explain like this

water exits pump---> hits blue pad
flows down to empty space-----> then off to bio wheel

Sounds like empty space = winning location. :)

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
Charlie sheen much? lol im doing a full range test and my ph is 6.8-7 so no ph crash right?

Didn't cross my mind until I read it back, lol. 6.8-7 is fine. Sorry, don't feel like reading all the way back through...what is it normally?

eco23 said:
Didn't cross my mind until I read it back, lol. 6.8-7 is fine. Sorry, don't feel like reading all the way back through...what is it normally?

its normaly 6.5-7 but lauren suspected a ph crash ( no results with seeded) heres the full test

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 81
pH looks perfect. Crashes are only common once you've established a ton of nitrifying bacteria and they're converting at a dramatic rate. I wouldn't worry about pH until you're trying to drop excessive no2.

My advice-

1) get the seeded bio-media in there
2) dose the ammo up to 4ppm every 24 hours anytime it drops
3) find a good book or something to keep you occupied for a while
4) we'll worry about the rest later once you've got some deep purple color in the no2 bottle :)

eco23 said:
My advice-

1) get the seeded bio-media in there
2) dose the ammo up to 4ppm every 24 hours anytime it drops
3) find a good book or something to keep you occupied for a while
4) we'll worry about the rest later once you've got some deep purple color in the no2 bottle :)

i got a nice big Stephen king book so now the waiting game starts? also should i leave the ammo be for now?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i got a nice big Stephen king book so now the waiting game starts? also should i leave the ammo be for now?

Yep, if you've got the media in there already...time to leave it be and wait for the magic to happen.

P.S.- Stephen Kings Dark Tower series is the way to go. 7 books...all great reads...keeps you busy forever.

Yep, if you've got the media in there already...time to leave it be and wait for the magic to happen.

P.S.- Stephen Kings Dark Tower series is the way to go. 7 books...all great reads...keeps you busy forever.

That's kind of funny because I've read (and own) every single book SK has published except for the Dark Tower series, and yes I own all 7 of those too lol

hey all i "modded" or juryriged the catridge inside because theres no carbon theres these ridges and i stuffed each full of biomax i can move the filter pad back over so its coverd hows she look?

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59
covered ( app only lets me post pics one by one) i also have a good handful of biomax left what should i do with it?

Back
Top Bottom