5gall nano is ready!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
well it is cycled, (0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, nitrite like 5) CC as substrate, 3 lbs of rock (will get more soon though) 1x turbo snail, 2x astrea snail, 5x tiny hermits. 15 power filter, 15 watt anctic, 20watt daylight=35 watt= 7wpg
so...
the question is what next? what corals would go good in this small sized tanks and this light? im thinking candycane, xenia, zoa, star polyp,and would LOVE some ricordia and frogspawn (2 of my dream corals) but they are EXPENSIVE (the others I can get frags of at the LFS) and expensive is not my thing (lol) and frogspawn is like $59 or $69 8O so no thanks but ya...
also for stocking I want a shrimp but not a cleaner as they are $30 (even though they are my FAVE shrimp...I will get one for my 29...) so maybe a peperment or somthing? also I want like 1 or 2 small clown goby's?
TIA :D

img_779213_0_3f41306eaf5e96dd5321e13aee6df8fc.jpg

You could do like 3 peppermint shrimp, and then a little clown goby and then use this small tank as a frag tank for the 29. I have been wanting to do this for a while. You could keep anything you wanted under 7wpg if you can keep the temp/salinity stable enough :) Good luck.

You do have lots of options. For a small tank like this, do not waste money on large corals. Seek out deals on frags or, as mentioned, frag your own from your larger tank. Most of the corals in my 12gal and 2 1/2gal are all fragged from my larger tank. You can have a nice selection of inverts and a couple clown gobies for livestock.

well my main only has lower light corals, and I want higher light corals in this one (like some mentioned) so I think I will just wait for frags to come around !

Consider a pair of sexy shrimp. I had a pair in mine, one emerald green crab, and a rainford goby. There are plenty of gobies to choose from , but pick one that's colorful and swims out front. Bottom dwelling gooby as maybe your only fish wold be boring IMO. The clown goby (check out the green too) will likely stay out front and perch on your rock and coral.

Here's mine - I had. Was at work on my desk, but a move to a new bldg with waaaay too much light (window seat) made me give it up.

Oh yeah, check out the sexy shrimp. 2 of'm back to back were almost an inch.

I dont like the rainsford goby that much...have always wanted 2 little clowns (goby) so I think thats what im goning to do. I like the sexy shrimp as well, they are CUTE!

What types of caral are you thinking about stocking tehtank with?

Back
Top Bottom