60 gallon Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rydry_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sooo I'm new here and was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on schooling fish to go in my 60 gallon tank. I think the only fish in there right now is a blood parrot. I was thinking two schools of white skirt tetras and serpae tetras, around 10 each. Or my other idea was a school of like 20 skirt tetras(black and white). Any suggestions or thoughts would be great. And btw its an established tank and has been running for about a year.

I'm not much of an expert on Cichlids but tetra's with Cichlids aren't exactly the best option. I am pretty sure, if I am not mistaken, Im pretty sure the breeds used for blood parrots are from waters with Ph and tetra's require soft water so yeah sorry to bummer you

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm not too worried about compatibility, my blood parrot is kind of a push over lol. I think I'm wondering what would look better? Are bigger schools better or or two small schools? I've had skirt tetras and an angelfish in there, and some tetras might still be but I'm not sure(I've been at school for 3 months). And my water quality is pretty good from what i know, i barely have algae and i keep my tank understocked anyway.

Well a bigger school is better since less stress with their buds but still, even if it is understocked I have heard of some casualties with small fish with big cichlids

Maybe go with barbs or rasboras instead. I'm not doubting that the parrot is peaceful but to be on the safe side I'd go with fast moving tankmates.

Giant Danios would be the safest bet. Bleeding Heart Tetras should be ok if you get good sized ones, or maybe good sized rosy barbs or golden barbs. Don't put larger barbs with anything slow moving and long finned though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Giant Danios would be the safest bet. Bleeding Heart Tetras should be ok if you get good sized ones, or maybe good sized rosy barbs or golden barbs. Don't put larger barbs with anything slow moving and long finned though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Giant Danios are a great idea! ?

Back
Top Bottom