6700 k bulb or 12,000k bulb for freshwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemy129

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am adding a new light to my twelve gallon eclipse as my plants seem to be struggling. Anyway its a 11" long and 4 inche wide, "narrower the better" for my fitting needs(aka filter taking up hood space). It comes with a 50/50 bulb which im going to discard but the only replacemnet bulb on there website is a 12,000k bulb. Is this still ok to use...or better then the 6700k bulb? the bulb is a 18 watt straight pin. I found a 18w 6700 k square pin(fostersandsmith) but no straight pins. If 12000k is good i'll go along with that otherwise i'll continue to search for more options, will i see a improvement in plants and fish with this additional lighting or is it not worth the money?......Thanks in advance i love this site!

i think the higher it goes the whiter the light. because i think 6700 has a yellow tinge to it. im sure it'll be fine

6500 is daylight.. the higer the number the more watts it takes to make the bulb brighter though.. more energy nessasary.. if you have plants 6700 would be better..

Back
Top Bottom