75 gal hexagon central american

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TIMA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today I was helping a buddy pick up a pool table, and the topic of fish came up and he sold me a 75 gal hexagon tank, For next to nothing. My question is, right now I have a gold sev, 3 firemouths 1 rainbow and 3 male cons. All about 1" right now. Will the hexagon tank be ok for them long term? As of right now they all get along beautifully

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here is the tank

Attachments

• 1474652284181.jpg
    1474652284181.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 89
No way... it will look like a blender haha. That's a good angel tank. Maybe the fm and some med size barbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok. Would maybe the severum work as like a center piece. With the fires and some barbsm

Or maybe an accara?

An Acara solo would probably be OK. No sevs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do not think that is a 75 gallon tank. You may wish to take measurements and look it up. Given the height you will need different strata fish. Say hatchet fish for the top, neon rainbows for mid to top, and some of the dwarf Cichlid species available.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That foot print of a tank is not really good for anything mentioned besides the angels.

Would def be a dwarf cichlids tank.

I wouldn't keep anything mentioned in it but the angels and that would be if I actually liked them lol.

The cons and FM's need more room even if they aren't bigger fish. At 5-6" they will seem like whales when circling that small foot print chasing everything.

Sevs get even bigger and the acara is a smidge smaller then say a JD..

Would be a cool tetra or barb tank.

Can do like corys at the bottom, some tetra at the middle and hatches at the top or something cooler like a butterfly fish.. (gotta have one oddball) ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom