75 gallon bow front stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipsteez1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I'm def doing a community. So far I have

4 very small balas ( and yes I know they will get to big that's what the 125 gallon sittin in my closet is fo hehehe ;) )

5 zebra
1redtail shark
And 3 chinese algea eater

I'm wondirng if what I have is good so far and what would be good to do in this tank I like the schooling fish alot

CAEs will fight.you will end up with 1.and the CAEs might kill the RTS.

img_1390957_0_999d4183d46805425939e25e6f45c8d5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could put a school of buenos aires tetras in with them. They are just as fast as danios but school very nicely

Hmm I'm so indecisive lol. I really like the tiger barbs but I'm not sure how they'll do with the fish I currently have

You've got a chinese algae eater there. Here is the Siamese . They can be distinguished by the stripping on the side. The siamese is zig/zagged, full, and stright, the chinese isn't. What i've heard (never kept them) is that the Chinese, in adulthood, get too lazy to eat and algae, and just prefer flakes. To that end they become incredibly aggressive, and will kill or fight with any other fish. They also grow to a length of 10 inches. The siamese on the other hand only grow to 6 inches.

You could even do a school of emporer or bloodfins or Kerri blue tetras

Ya. I'm def getting rid of the CAEs

In that case, you can definitely do a shoal of TigerBarbs. They go fine with Zebra Danios and a RTS, i've read they do ok with SAE's. Do about 6+ to keep their aggression more or less on each other. For color variation, do 3 Tiger, 3 Albino Tiger and 3 Green Tiger Barbs. A more peaceful Barb species that resembles TigerBarbs are Black Ruby Barbs.

Back
Top Bottom