75 gallon planted build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New said:
looks awesome! what plants are those?

Most of the plants on the left are Java ferns (except for one plant which I don't know the name). The tall reddish plant in the middle is a orchid Lilly. And all of the plants on the right are Amazon swards.

I have recently started to notice some weird white seed looking things on some of my plants. They almost look like sesame seeds. If you look really close at the picture there are two leaves that have the little white specs on them. Any clue to what they are?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110926_114616.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_114616.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 76
fishfanatic said:
I have recently started to notice some weird white seed looking things on some of my plants. They almost look like sesame seeds. If you look really close at the picture there are two leaves that have the little white specs on them. Any clue to what they are?

Not a clue never experienced it sorry

ryan-peddle said:
Not a clue never experienced it sorry

Is it possible they are eggs? They are in no pattern like eggs topically would be. They also don't appear to have anything in them (like a little baby fish). So I am stumped...

are you using sand as a substrate? could be some sand up on the leaves maybe.

I have done some research and I think they are nerite snail eggs. Even though nerite snail eggs will only hatch in brackish water the snails still lay them in freshwater. Who would have thought!?

Yesterday I bought 5 more neon tetras and 4 more rasboras (they are similar to harliquin rasboras but insted of a pinckish hue they are more yellow/orange). My schools are now 7 neon tetras and 5 rasboras. My newly added fish are not schooling with my previous fish, is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom