75 Gallon Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbree13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey! I officially got the go to for my 75 gallon slat water tank! I'm super pumped! Never done saltwater before!
Anyway, will a 6 bulb t5 HO unit be enough for a 75 gallon reed? I don't plan on keeping any hard corals but I want some SPS and still a big choice of a bunch of different corals. I don't want to buy a MH unit, I just don't think that much light is needed, it's only 21" tall, which T5 should do fine right?
Also, would I be able to have a yellow tang in the tank? If I bought as a baby, and let him grow up?

jbree13 said:
Hey! I officially got the go to for my 75 gallon slat water tank! I'm super pumped! Never done saltwater before!
Anyway, will a 6 bulb t5 HO unit be enough for a 75 gallon reed? I don't plan on keeping any hard corals but I want some SPS and still a big choice of a bunch of different corals. I don't want to buy a MH unit, I just don't think that much light is needed, it's only 21" tall, which T5 should do fine right?
Also, would I be able to have a yellow tang in the tank? If I bought as a baby, and let him grow up?

The lights should do well on just about anything.. I would say no to the tang.. not because of size which i wouldnt under. A 120g but aggression.

Back
Top Bottom