75gal tank, first fish! Six line wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I posted about the used 75gal tank I received a little while ago. I have done a lot of work from then, cleaning up the sump, sand, adding to the rock, and making it a properly functioning salt water aquarium.

It took a little time, but for almost a week now I have shown 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and low nitrates. The nitrates have lowered a little as the alge has started growing. Also picked up a few apstatia with my new live rock.

So with my water looking good, I went to the store to get some peppermint shrimp to take care of the apstatia, and clean things up a little, along with some snails (no turbo's yet, might get one latter). Ended up getting sold on two baby clown fish I had to have after seeing them, knowing I wanted some soon anyway.

Something unlike me, I got a six line wrasse, knowing I wanted one, but couldn't remember exactly the order I was adding them. Do you all think I will have any problems adding more fish latter with the wrasse in there? What are aspects of new fish I should make sure I fill, so no fish fight latter with one another.

So far the wrasse is hiding in my rocks. Unlike all the other animals, he seemed very stressed when I got home. Although he become much better as I dripped him with my tank and gave him a new home with places to hid.

Please help with the wrasse, and ideas for things to look at later. Ill have to get pics of the baby clowns, my girl friend loves them and they are so cute!

Thanks!

I would have added the six-line as a last fish, I think they are semi-aggresive, but I could be totally wrong! How big is he and the clowns? The wrasse should be out and about in a couple days when he fill more comfortable in you tank.

I would have added the six-line as a last fish, I think they are semi-aggresive, but I could be totally wrong! How big is he and the clowns?

They can be, that was my question. Hes small, as I like getting smaller fish and letting them grow in my tanks. Although they said he was md size, hes about 1.5".

The clowns are very small, about 3/4"

Like I said, I knew the wrasse was on my get list, but couldn't remember when I was going to get one.

I had a six line in a reef tank several years ago. Mine was never aggressive and I think he was added about half way through stocking. Sometimes it just depends on the fish. That is a good sized tank for a few small fish right now.

Back
Top Bottom