8 inch Green Severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

veetors

Aquarium Advice Regular
He is about 8 inches including his long fins. Finally got a picture of the camera shy bugger. I am actually trying to find him a new home soon because I will be moving to Colorado from Minnesota in about 3 months. I will have to take down my 55g till I get settled and start the cycle all over again...:(

16084-albums915-picture6362.jpg

16084-albums915-picture6361.jpg

Wow! Longmont, Co! I have family there. that's where I grew up. I will be moving to the Boulder area, so not to far away.

Nice. I'm a salty boy but that is one nice freshy fish. (y)

Thanks Mitchell! I actually rescued him from a local fish shop that was going out of business. It's kind of an ugly duckling story. Nobody wanted him cause all the other fish that were kept with him had picked all his fins off and left him all raggedy. The failed shop owner was just going to flush him, and I couldn't let him do that to an innocent fish so I offered to buy him but he said he would give him to me for free cause he wasn't going to last that long anyway... In the end all his fins grew back long an beautiful but he does have one little scar that is on his right side...

That is a gorgeous fish!! If your interested in rehoming him and could ship I might be willing to work something out so i could put him in my 250gal as im looking for a severum.

That is a gorgeous fish!! If your interested in rehoming him and could ship I might be willing to work something out so i could put him in my 250gal as im looking for a severum.

I am willing to ship but I've never done it and a little scared to. What all do I need to ship a big fish like that?

I honestly have no clue how to do it, im sure someone on here knows how. If you do have around 3 months before you move thats plenty of time to figure out, although if you can find someone around you that is interested i might suggest that because as novice shippers i would hate to lose him in the process when he couldve been save locally. PM me if you figure anything out.

Well, I did find a guy around here that said he would be willing to take him but he is a little reluctant because he has a small school of Tiger Barbs in his 55g and is afraid they might nip at his long fins. He does have a school of Peppered Cory's that the Tigers never pay any attention to so he could be worrying over nothing. Anyone familiar with Tiger Barbs? I've never had them.

BroncoFan: I will still continue looking for someone close to here, but if I don't would you still have room if I shipped him to you?

Ill totally take him!! but if the person you found has enough tigers 6-7 then he won't get touched. They are only fin nippers when there's not enough of themselves to harass. Keep me posted!

Ill totally take him!! but if the person you found has enough tigers 6-7 then he won't get touched. They are only fin nippers when there's not enough of themselves to harass. Keep me posted!

Sorry for the rather delayed reply, finally settling in from the move, but I did find a home for the big guy in Minnesota.

And now I sit here with an empty tank waiting for next summer when I buy a house...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom