800 gallon L - Shape Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxkolbe said:
Just wondering, what was the shipping for 2000 animals? (lol, I almost feel sorry for the mailman :p)

I would hope the order is enough to qualify for free shipping! I feel pretty bad for the mailman, too. I felt bad enough for mine ordering a new light fixture for my tank, the box is almost as tall as I am.

Alyxx said:
I would hope the order is enough to qualify for free shipping! I feel pretty bad for the mailman, too. I felt bad enough for mine ordering a new light fixture for my tank, the box is almost as tall as I am.

The box wont be too large 2,000 shells with water is like the size of an ottoman if you've ever seen one in person.

STILL!
I feel bad for audifusion who will somehow have to supplement the CUC if he gets the whole pack
And all the people near that office who no longer have macro algae in their sumps
Lol

I have read every post of this thread and I'm defiantly subscribing to this. Great tank. I also think you should get a school of yellow tangs and the clean up crew is huge and remember they might breed.

Id be swimming
In there every day lol superb !!! When we purchase more office space i want to build something of this magnitude must be a blast god bless your mini ocean awesome !

My shark is knocking over my rocks!

Looks like I need to re aquascape ....

He gets too excited when I feed him and zooms around the tank ( not that he shouldn't)

what's the best way to make the rock really solid?

I was thinking PVC pipes and doing some vertical columns and some how attaching the rock to it.

I actually did this with my tank. The fish like it. Creates more water volume using less rock. Less nitrate build up in the sand bed under the rock.

You could just drill holes in the rock and attach them with poles and epoxy to make sure they are stable.

I'm not sure if it's actually the case but the fish seem happier now that I've taken most of the rock off the back wall of the tank. If that even makes sense.

The clown fish are growing quickly. Any ideas how to tell the female apart from the male?

will update as I decide on a new scape!

audifusion said:
I'm not sure if it's actually the case but the fish seem happier now that I've taken most of the rock off the back wall of the tank. If that even makes sense.

The clown fish are growing quickly. Any ideas how to tell the female apart from the male?

will update as I decide on a new scape!

The female will become larger than the male. It can take up to a year if they weren't paired when you got them.

The fish are probably happier because it means more swim room and more hiding spaces. Lol. My rock work stays off the back wall for the most part and I have more caves then rock it seems.

They are oscillaris clowns, one is visibly larger than the others .

My lights should be here by next week then I'll be placing a big fish order from a supplier in Florida.

Any thoughts on fish to add?

I definitely want a school of yellow tangs . ( 10 or so)

audifusion said:

My lights should be here by next week then I'll be placing a big fish order from a supplier in Florida.

Would say purple tang, but not with the yellows... Maybe a foxface, tusk, naso tangs...

You could Donna assortment of tangs if they are introduced at the same time. Do a school of cardinals or anyhias. You could also do a group of three schooling banners. Midas blenny is a must. Because of the shark you might want to keep things that swim higher up. Lol

What supplier are you using in Florida? I deal with a lot of them here.

audifusion said:

You have a supplier in Florida? You wanna share that info...? ;)

I'm in Florida too and wish i could get a "supplier" LOL. The only one I know is secrest farms out on the west coast. It kinda stinks that you need to have the business license and other stuff in order though....LOL

Actually, what IS involved in getting your business license? Anyone know? I;'m not adverse to spending a little cash so I can save alot of cash!

Sorry to hijack your thread audi, hehe, might be good information to have though!

carey said:
I'm in Florida too and wish i could get a "supplier" LOL. The only one I know is secrest farms out on the west coast. It kinda stinks that you need to have the business license and other stuff in order though....LOL

Actually, what IS involved in getting your business license? Anyone know? I;'m not adverse to spending a little cash so I can save alot of cash!

Sorry to hijack your thread audi, hehe, might be good information to have though!

I'll pm you. Lol

Back
Top Bottom