90 gallon stocking ideas- Amazon biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manacapuru19

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I currently have a 29 US gallon fluval accent but will soon be upgrading to a 90 US gallon (75 uk gallon/350 litre) Juwel Rio 350. My current tank is more South American themed rather than a biotope (2 x keyholes, diamond tetras, cardinals and farlowella). However, for my next tank I want to go for a strict biotope.
I initially wanted to go for Discus as it seemed like a natural progression from my current position within the hobby. However, I have always LOVED geophagus and would love to dedicate a biotope to them, perhaps with some ditherfish and catfish to match the specific habitat.
I just wanted to ask the community, which geophagus should I go for? I love the Sveni and Neambi due to their colours but am concerned wether my tank could handle a school of 6 (that’s what I’m aiming for). The last thing I want is an overstocked tank and I just want a realistic looking habitat for a small school of geos.
Also, what tetra should I go for?
Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom