90 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
one last sanity check on my planned list.

2 German blue rams
2 powder blue dwarf gourami
15 harlequein rasbora
5 bosemani rainbow
5 turquoise rainbow
5 zebra loach
3 molly

how do I look? am I overstocked?

90 gallon tank
2 aquaclear 110s
tank just completed fishless cycle with dosing to 4.0ppm

:thanks::fish2::thanks:

It sounds beautiful! Loads of shimmering blue fish :)
I'm not sure if you're overstocked or not, have you tried using the AqAdvisor calculator? That should give you a rough guide.

2 German blue rams
15 harlequein rasbora
5 bosemani rainbow
5 turquoise rainbow
5 zebra loach
3 molly

90 gallon tank
2 aquaclear 110s

still can't decide on how many rainbows to get... I went with 6 polka dot loaches

No way that could be overstocked. I'd check aqadvisor too and let us know the % it says. :)

HeatherW said:

2 German blue rams
15 harlequein rasbora
5 bosemani rainbow
5 turquoise rainbow
5 zebra loach
3 molly

90 gallon tank
2 aquaclear 110s

Very nice:) you definitly arent overstocked, and i'd actually do 8 of each rainbow, 10 loaches, and add an angelfish. Then you would be fully stocked IMO:)

I've just put all that into Aqadvisor (I just like playing with it) and it says you have 152% required filtration and stocking is at 107% so if I were you, I would stick with that and see how it goes! :dance:

Very nice:) you definitly arent overstocked, and i'd actually do 8 of each rainbow, 10 loaches, and add an angelfish. Then you would be fully stocked IMO:)

thanks for the advice on the loaches - I was wondering if I could add more. I don't want the angel fish, but I may want to add another set of rams in there :brows: what do you think about another set of rams??

everyone has been so helpful. I am feeling much better about the rainbow fish! think I will start with 5 of each and then maybe bump it up when I see them all in there

HeatherW said:
thanks for the advice on the loaches - I was wondering if I could add more. I don't want the angel fish, but I may want to add another set of rams in there :brows: what do you think about another set of rams??

everyone has been so helpful. I am feeling much better about the rainbow fish! think I will start with 5 of each and then maybe bump it up when I see them all in there

Another set of rams would be great! Thatd work IMO

It sounds beautiful! Loads of shimmering blue fish :)
I'm not sure if you're overstocked or not, have you tried using the AqAdvisor calculator? That should give you a rough guide.

That does sounds beautiful. Blue is my favorite color. So where is this AqAdvisor calculator?

Maybe get a more center piece fish?? No offence, but it's sounding boring :)

Maybe get a more center piece fish?? No offence, but it's sounding boring :)

I disagree- I think schools are "centerpieces" sometimes. I like it as it stands. I'm planning on a dwarf gourami school as my "centerpiece". Loaches could easily fill that role.

Not saying a single centerpiece fish isn't cool too- just not for me. ;)

Dwarf gouramis, honey isn't it? They are very timid.. Even with the most peaceful lest fish in the world.. And to be honest, a fish that small in a 90 gallon tank will be very hard to spot, especially when it hides :D

Dwarf gouramis, honey isn't it? They are very timid.. Even with the most peaceful lest fish in the world.. And to be honest, a fish that small in a 90 gallon tank will be very hard to spot, especially when it hides :D

no - it is a powder blue dwarf gourami.

so what would you put in as a centerpiece fish??? don't get me wrong - I think I will be happy with my stocking but would love to hear your suggestion

Hmm, tough one.. I mean an angelfish or 2 would be nice but I'm not sure about the compatability with the others.. It's up to you, your tank :)

Womble1234 said:
Hmm, tough one.. I mean an angelfish or 2 would be nice but I'm not sure about the compatability with the others.. It's up to you, your tank :)

But you said it needs more centers! An angel would work withthe stock as long as the tetras are big enough..

haha! you guys are great! I will post some pics when I get them all in there. I think between the black molly, blue gourami, cool looking rams, and big rainbows and the nice school of rasboras that it will be plenty fun to look at. not to mention my fun little loaches down there

Powder blues are twice the size- 4". If its a 90 gallon tall, they won't get lost. I've seen schooling honeys (also 4") with 6 in there. Not timid at all and you couldn't take your eyes off them. A dwarf (2") or blue on his own or with a pair is boring in that it doesn't swim a ton, but those loaches will be eye catchers. ;)

haha! you guys are great! I will post some pics when I get them all in there. I think between the black molly, blue gourami, cool looking rams, and big rainbows and the nice school of rasboras that it will be plenty fun to look at. not to mention my fun little loaches down there

Sounds awesome. I love all those fish (except mollies- too many babies). :)
Can't wait to see pics- remember- you can always change your mind later and add/subtract as you feel necessary.

Back
Top Bottom