A Companion for a female Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelabenefiel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
I have a 10 gallon, cycled tank. Last July I brought home a baby betta from petsmart. She is doing great! I would like to add a companion for her. A 10 gallon is a lot of space and more activity would be nice to look at. I have artificial plants for hiding and also a hollow log decoration. It stays at 80-82 degrees. I perform 10% wc every week.
I've heard that snails, frogs, and tetras would be fine.
Thanks in advance for comments!!
Angela

I keep neon and glass tetras, a cory, ghost shrimp, and a mystery snail with my male betta. They get along fine. Stay away from fish that hang out at the top of the tank and fish with long fins/tails. Every now and then I have seen the betta try to chase one of the tetras. He is so slow compared to them that it doesn't last long. You can kind of envision the tetras laughing at him as they flick a fin and launch away.

I have four scarlet badis and 3 emerald rasboras with mine. The badis just need quite a few places to hide/ make their own. The rasboras are always moving around the mid/upper level. I really like mystery snails in my 10 gallons. They look so awesome always gliding around.

i put in 4 endler guppies hoping there would not be any conficts. i'm so glad my betta doesn't mind them at all. they've been together for 6 months and everyone is doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom