A fish called Gertrude :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have been looking at stocking my 35l (approx 10usg) and have had several ideas based around bettas or dwarf gourami. Anyways having not had too much luck in finding a betta that I liked, I started to look at other fish and was thinking about just putting in another group of small fish. In my search for smaller fishies I happened upon the Gertrude Rainbowfish (Pseudomugil gertrudae). Allegedly growing to only 3cms they are pretty small and I am hoping that it would not be unreasonable for me to put 4 (maybe 5) in the tank. At the moment there are 6 galaxy rasbora and 5 amano shrimp in there and the water is lovely (even if I do say so myself lol). Anyways if anyone has any experience of this fish I would be super grateful if they could pass on some knowledge.

Yes you could put 4-5 in a ten gallon tank. They are very pretty, interesting little fish. They do like water that is on the warm side and will appreciate plants to hide in.

There are plenty of plants in the tank as it is also my first foray into planted (eeek). The temp at the moment is just a shade under 25c (77f) would I need to knock it up a tiny bit? I'm thinking that I could put it up a little at a time if needed as my lfs will have to order the fish so I have until sort of this time next week to get the temp right and I don't want to upset what's already there but just kranking up the heat (obviously)

I kept mine around 80F, I had them for several years, once they mature the males are fun to watch sparing with each other and their colors and fins are amazing.

Coolio :D I'll start going at about .5 of a degree every 2 days, I think that should be ok. I'm quite excited about these fish as I have some bigger rainbows in my community tank and love them to bits, they are too cool for school :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom