a little worried...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
Ok so i have a 55 gallon tnak..it houses 3 parrots, 2 firemouths, and two yellow belly barbs....I have noticed that that my parrot and firemouths have been doing well...the thing that worry me is that my two barbs are alway by themselves.....that is not even my biggest concern...I have also noticed that both barbs would occasionally swipe theire body against the gravel......the swiping is worrying me bc i am concern that it might be ich.......please i need some advice.....should i get rid of theM????i dont wnat them to harm my other fish.....ps they dont have any white spots of them......

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but we need a lot more information before anyone can help you.

When did each fish go into the tank? Are the barbs new?

How often do you test the water? What are the test results? What kind of test kit are you using?

How often do you do water changes?

Sorry again for all the questions, but its important they be answered

What are the test results?

Amonia and nitrite are deadly to all your fish and will cause them all great pain. Even if the poison doesn't kill them off it can cause them bad health in the long run.

Any way you can take them ALL back until your tank is done cycling?

If not, you must do a 40-50% water change DAILY until the cycle is complete.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but its the reality of the situation. I really encourage you to take all the fish back to the store until your tank is safe for them.

I wouldn't take all the fish back, just the barbs, but do keep a close eye on the parrots and fiermouths. I personally think it's just an issue with the barbs alone

Back
Top Bottom