A one fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering if anyone else has a tank with only one fish in it. I have my 10 gallon with my yellow lab and I must say, there's days when I wish it was my only tank (I'm not having a good time with my planted tank). Believe it or not that tank is liked by more people than my 30 gallon planted tank. It helps that the fish has some personality and like to threaten people who get too close to the tank.

Any other "one-fishers" out there?

Here's the tank:

Attachments

• 10gcichlid_133.jpg
    10gcichlid_133.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 125
The tank is beautiful. I have one oscar in a 75 gallon he has been the only resident for almost 13 years. I love that tank.

I have an Oceanic 50 gallon with 1 green spotted puffer (tetraodon nigroviridis). The SG is currently at 1.015 and eventually will be at 1.020. He will always be the lone fish in there because I feel there is no need to risk putting another fish in there.

I have had Louhan fish in my tank, now i have betta in my tank

Your tank's is beautiful, especiaaly that skeleton

many people have a tank with ONLY a Betta !!
does this count ??
hahaahahahahahahaha

I used to have a tank with only 1 goldfish (a bubble-eye)

IMO if you are going to have ONLY 1 fish in the tank - it should be a centerpiece fish.
examples include: goldfish, betta, oscar, crayfish (angels and gourami possibly - but they may get lonely)

there seems to be more then one oppinion about this fish..
http://www.mongabay.com/fish/mbuna.htm ....... 36" long tank or 35 gallons roughly..
the yellow lab. will only gets 4 inches long though.. :lol: :lol:
thats also considering they recomend enough territory for one male and several females..

I had a single afican ciclid (she apeared to have the markings of a frontosa but we were clueless as to what she was..) in a 48 gallon octagon.. she got QT'ed to it after killing alot of other fish in a very short peroid of time.. 8O

coolchinchilla said:
Just a heads up, a yellow lab will need more tank space eventually. According to Live Aquaria.com, 50 gallons is the minimum recomendation.

greenmaji said:
thats also considering they recomend enough territory for one male and several females..

What greenmaji said. This guy is the champ of a failed African rift tank in a 30 gallon. He's full grown, and has plenty of space as long as he's the only fish in the tank. I've had him for a couple years now, and he's been in that setup for over a year now with no problems. (Knock on wood, as soon as I typed that a feeling of dread came over me).

Back
Top Bottom