A welders approach to Aipitasia removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A buddy of mine has had his tank up and running for about 9 months and has been doing ok. A couple weeks ago he noticed a few Aipitasia on one of his live rocks and asked me to look up how to treat it for him. So I came on here, looked up the threads and got back to him. After talking about the removal methods, he asked "If I can't just remove by hand and I don't wanna boil it, what if I just took a blow torch to the spots where I see the little dang things?" It was one of those questions that just make you go, huh? Since I didn't have an answer for him on that, he went ahead and did it and they haven't come back yet.LOL

Just thought I'd share a reasonably amusing solution to taking out Aipitasia:onfire: lol.

I'd be worried about the chemicals released into the tank when Joes Juice, lemonn juice or kalk can kill them.

Good point about the chemicals, I think propane is pretty clean though. I wouldn't recommend this method, I just thought it was funny how when faced with a problem he went right to his welding knowledge and equated fire with cleaning. I bet it smelled terrible where ever he did the burn off.

chemicals? h2o and co2 most likely. I take it he took the rock out of teh water and hit it with a flame? I was thinking underwater TIG. pow! take that.

Back
Top Bottom