A yellow worm/caterpillar on top of my plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just like what the title suggest. It's more like a caterpillar tho, it has some hair on top of it. The color is yellow, and it is sitting on top one of my plants inside my small tank where only small fish exist (guppy, neon n cardinal tetra, molly and a Lemon Algae Eater?? Still can't identify that guy yet :V).

So..... Here are some questions:
1. Will this caterpillar eat my plants??
2. Is it dangerous for me to touch it and remove it from the tank?
3. Is it dangerous for the fish until no one eats it....
4. What kind of caterpillar is this?? I've never seen a caterpillar that lives underwater....

And I'm not seeing things coz its head can move (lookin' to the right n lookin' to the left xD). Tho the caterpillar itself won't move??

Might be the same I had. But mine is kinda green.

Its a water moth. I had a whole bunch of anacharis and after a week. Its all gone. After that i make sure to dip the plants in alumn-water solution before adding.

Do a 100 percent clean up now! Remove everything... Before its too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for the advices :D

Good thing I already plan on cleaning the whole tank (it's a small 2-3 gallon sized tank) tomorrow :D

Lol I just found out about US gallons so in US gallons it should be around 7-9 gallons (I forgot the accurate size)

Back
Top Bottom