AA Freshwater vendors do they exist??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
I"m just wondering. I always see vendor spotlights for salties but never freshwater Beside lighting and some wood. Why is this?

I don't know how AA gets vendors. It just seem we are heavy on salt or the freshwater vendor are slack.

This is not a complaint. Just an observation that caused curiosity.

The biggest we have would be Dr Fosters and Smith. Some sponsors choose to post in the vendor forum more frequently than others. Generally, we don't require participation, and we don't necessarily pursue sponsors based on FW vs. SW. It just so happens that there are many more SW and Reef Specific online vendors out there than straight FW, and that is probably why you see the disparity.

If I were a vendor I would probably be advertising SW stuff too, it's generally a more profitable side of the aquarium trade considering there are skimmers sumps expensive fish and more things that go into a SW tank than a FW one. Just how I look at it anyway, I've never really paid attention to the vendors haha

I actually do check vendors out and alot of time SW vendors do carry some FW supplies like lighting, media, etc., and I've actually found some supplies I use cheaper with SW vendors. So I don't rule anyone of them out just because the are advertizing SW. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom