About to start hyposalinity treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henry405

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, I'm about to start hyposalinity for my fishes and I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice to tips on how to go about with the treatment smoothly. I will have a small maroon clownfish, medium dwarf flame angel, and small yellow tang in the HT for treatment. It is a 20g tank with a heater, couple PVC in the tank, and an emperor 280 filter. I do have a refractometer to check salinity and a SW test kit to check parameters.

Is there anything else I need or something to keep an eye out for? The fishes will be in the HT for 7 weeks to kill off all of the ich in my DT

Is the quarantine tank already cycled? If not, you might want to get some AmQuel-you're gonna need it :(

The tank is cycled, I checked parameters a week ago and it was fine and also last night before I added the fish.

I've read that during hyposalinity, my beneficial bacteria will die off and that I'll have to keep up with water changes to keep ammonia down, does the bacteria eventually stay alive? Also, is there any advice on how to prepare the low salinity water for pwc? Do I add the sw in and then lower it back to 1.009 or should the new sw already be at 1.009. I buy my water instead of mixing it so just curious

Back
Top Bottom