About to Throw in the Towel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first one on your list is almost like what i have. Bridgelux make pretty good LEDs. I have a 40gal long reef (16" deep) with that light. I didn't put any optics on it so the light can spread to the edges and I have it about 8" from the water. I can keep any corals with those. Be warned that LEDs are very strong especially if you have a shallow tank like mine. I have a hard time growing coraline algea were the light hits directly and no it's not my water parameters. Hopefully this little bit of info help. Dimmable is also a nice feature to acclimate new corals when u buy them.

eBay is the way to go my friend you can find anything on there if ya have the time. I found my marineland led reef capable on there for 130 bucks. It retails for 499 at my local fish store. Don't give up on it just take your time and save while you look for a light that suits your wants and needs.

have you tried goreef.com they have 36" tek fixture for $290 no shipping i believe buy most of my stuff there, they are based out of quebec fast shipping and great customer service. the also have the current nova extreme for $270

If your not going to do a reef just because you cant find a light I wouldn't even do a reef as I'm sure you will come up against more problems than finding a light along the way just my opinion

eBay is the way to go my friend you can find anything on there if ya have the time. I found my marineland led reef capable on there for 130 bucks. It retails for 499 at my local fish store. Don't give up on it just take your time and save while you look for a light that suits your wants and needs.

Touchè ! I think im gonna buy an led once i get my hanging rack on the stand

I currently have a fowlr tank now due to my tank still maturing. The light is amazing and doesn't make the electric bill go through the roof. They Are pricey but if you look in the right places they are cheap. I bid on my light for 12 hrs on eBay! well worth the time and effort. Haha

I currently have a fowlr tank now due to my tank still maturing. The light is amazing and doesn't make the electric bill go through the roof. They Are pricey but if you look in the right places they are cheap. I bid on my light for 12 hrs on eBay! well worth the time and effort. Haha

How much did u end up paying? The one i want is about 204$ shipped

Wow i think im gonna look for a big fixture bigger then the standard 15"x 8 led fixture

Back
Top Bottom