AbsoluteFaye's Mantis Tank Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you keep the mantis well fed the fish should probably be fine, but every one is different so who knows.

Yeah I really don't care if they become lunch. Maybe that's heartless but I've seen a bunch of mantis tanks with fish so it's possible. I was thinking damsels because they're tough and fast. And I've never put them in any of my other tanks. Lol.

Well I think I'm gonna put some damsels in this week then the shrimp maybe second week of April. Gotta see what I can have ordered. Can't believe it cycled so fast but I guess because I used that rock from my other established tank.

So I went to go grab some damsels and I came home with damsels... And a fu manchu lion fish for one of my other tanks. Lol. So I ended up get turbo snails, macro algae, 2 blue reef chromis and 3 talbot damsels. :)

Got my mantis!!! He's about 3 inches. Dark in color but really nice red coloration. He's shy because he literally just went into the tank an hour ago. It's hard to see him but I took a video of him eating a thawed clam I gave him. I think if I can confirm he's a boy I'll probably name him Khal Drogo or Khan. Other suggestions? Not like he's gonna come when I ca him. But he ate right away so I think we are bonding. :)

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/A...F-4E16-AE2D-F0D7CE7ABD63_zps345ab809.mp4.html

Back
Top Bottom