ac500 as a refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok Im still a little lost on the whole refugium idea, I understand how they work, but im a little lost as to if size matters.. so anyways on to the question.

will an ac500 work as a refugium for a 29gal tank ? I see people using these on nanos, but really will it actually be big enough to make an impact, say I have some chaeto in there or something else... will it work nicely ?

-thane

Devilishturtles said:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38652&highlight=ac500

Here is a link from another forum that my friend sent me a while back. It shows some nice pictues of the AC500 and setup. I was thinking about setting one up for my 29 gallon too.
That's where we got our plans from.

Ideally a refugium should be at least 25% of the size of your tank, but I feel like anything that is removed by any sized refugium is a step in the right direction. An AC500 is a pretty good sized refugium so I feel like it will help you out as long as you don't overfeed or have a high bioload. HTH, Skip

PS Using an AC500 is alot cheaper than buying a hang on refugium like the CPRs.

Back
Top Bottom