active carbon question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wiggles24

Aquarium Advice Addict
So right now the only filters I have for my tanks are the HOB kind I know they aren't the best but I'm not going to be able to upgrade them any time too soon. So my question is that if there is any kind if refillable carbon I can purchase for them or am I doomed to use the carbon in a pad type? I know it's not generally wise to change your media often but as to my understanding carbon isn't useful for more than a couple weeks:( help plz!

I suggest you buy the blue/white filter padding that comes in a roll. You cut out the size/shape you need using an old stock pad as a template. No carbon and ALOT cheaper than the rip off ready made pads. One roll can last a long time. It filters very well too. I got mine at Petsmart. OS.

Get a filter bag or use a piece of old pantyhose and put bulk charcoal in it. Put in filter either before or after the pad. Sorry I thought you said you did not want charcoal at first. OS.

Back
Top Bottom