adding a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75gallon com tank with two nimo cowns lawn mower blenny.flammin angle.bangai cardinal and a one spotted rabbit fish and a coral braided schimp.do I have enough space for a small puffer?

I got 7 fish in my 55. It looks like you only got 6 fish and a shrimp?

I would say a Puffer should be fine, but remember a understocked tank is 100% better than a overstocked tank.

I don't think a puffer would be a problem, just make sure he is not being bullied, or he is not doing the bullying. They like to nip and they will leave small round holes in fins.

They also like to eat shrimp. They use the shrimp's outer shell to grind down their teeth. You may do some research on puffers and go from there. I have two currently and they love to gnaw on things.

thanks,wasnt thinking.do you think a dwarf lion would swallow my clowns?i would think a shrimp should be with a lion

I forgot about shrimp. Yeah your puffer would be the death of the shrimp. My puffer took out my peppermint shrimp.

As for the dwarf lion, It would be ok so as long as the clown fish are bigger than the lion fish. Also being that it would be the last fish in the tank, he should leave all your other fish alone. Any fish you put in after will be considered food.

The lion will eat the shrimp as well. So the fish might be ok, but your shrimp would be food.

If you really want another fish, I suggest a Six Line Wrasse! Awesome looking fish, and for the most part will leave your other tank mates alone. Another fish I would suggest is the "Yellow Eye Tang". There is a few more Tangs that could be ok in a 75, here is a list.

Surgeonfish: Tang Fish, Yellow Tangs and other Surgeons

Most people will tell you that all Tangs need a 125 or bigger, but I trust Live Aquaria tank recommendations. They are usually over cautious with their recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom