Adding Angelfish with Platys and Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvalencia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I just started with a 10 gallon tank. My platy got babies! I am thinking to upgrade to a 36 gallon tank. I would like to add more fish.
I currently have 3 platys, 1 Dwarf Gourami and 1 neon. 5 baby platys so far in the main tank surviving.
I will give 2 or 3 baby platys to a friend.
I would like to add 1 Pearl Gourami. Can two angelfish be ok on a 36 gallon tank with those other fish on it? Will the angel fish eat the baby platys?
Thanks

In a 36 gal. Yes to the Pearl gouramis and Angel fish. Try to get either one male & one female or two females. Two male Angel fish will likely fight. When the Angel fish get big enough they will eat the babies.

Thanks so much for your answer.
I was at the store and they didn't recommend me getting angelfish because they will attack my existing platys. Is it true? if it is. What other fish like angel can I get? Thanks

Research dwarf cichlids, Bolivian Rams and German Blue Rams. They are very handsome fish, mostly hang near the bottom levels of the tank and aren't very aggressive. They are very popular with a lot of AA members.

Back
Top Bottom