Adding Cichlidae to 55g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malfist

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently had an issue with a heater and it killed off almost everyone in my tank :-\

The only fish I have left is a ropefish (reedfish) and a black ghost knifefish.

I was considering stocking my tank with the Electric Yellow Lab and maybe some Pseudotropheus Acei.

Will they cause issues with my existing fishies? The tank is currently a 55g but I plan to upgrade in the near future.

How long will it be until you upgrade both ropefish and black ghost need at least 125 gallons. I would not add any cichlids to your tank they would definitely pick at and possibly kill both of them.

I agree with Josh7, until you upgrade, you really shouldn't get more fish, and that is if your planning on buying bigger than a 125 gallon. And even depending on type of cichlid doesn't really matter, cichlids like to bully and it doesn't always matter if the other fish are bigger or not. I had Africans with an Oscar before I knew what I was doing and if the 9 inch Oscar got in the 3-4 inch African cichlids way, it would bite at the Oscar.

Maybe someone else would have suggestions but I think until you find a good upgrade, beyond 125, I would hold off. Otherwise u could fall in love with a fish and it could end badly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom