Adding supplements for Corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No alkalinity is different the Ph. There is a test kit for alkalinity that you should pick up. Alk and Cal should be balanced together. B-ionic is a 2 part calcium and alkilinity suppliment that is added to the tank in liquid form.

I do not add any supplements to my tank for fear of re-establishing the dread cyanobacteria. I found that once I stopped adding the supplements, the cyano went down drastically. I think corals tend to do well as long as your tank is well established and have regular feeding schedules.

Tested for calc and it is a bit low about 380. Also tested for ALK, but cannot find what it should benad test kit did not say, just how to read results with several conversions.

Looked through articles and did not see anything. Does someone have a run down of all the ideal parameters for a reef system?

Also, I ran into manager at LFS and he suggested trying SEA LAB blocks once I have all levels where I want them. Thoughts?

TIA,

Back
Top Bottom