adding water with python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristilynn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I moved to a place I can start using my python watercleaner. When I was last using it I lived in the country and had well water. I'd add the water then the conditioner. It seemed to work ok. Now I am on city tap water and wonder If it woud'nt be better to treat the water in buckets, then add to tank. Any answers would be great. (as long as their right.lol):flowers:

I am on city tap, I add the prime conditioner to the tank, and then fill. I look at it as its mixing with the water during fill up.

Prime also says, it may be added to the aquarium directly.

Agreed. I add Prime just before the water is added. I also make sure the water is splashing against the side of the suction tube on the end of the hose as well as against the aquarium wall. Awesome oxygenization, deactivates much of the chlorine... and my fish LOVE swimming back and forth through the bubbles.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

could get a really small cheap pump from Home depot/lowes/hardware store they usually have for ponds and connect it to the bottom end of the python and drain buckets that way.
That's what I plan on doing anyways once I get over there.
City water has the chlorine and chloramines, it's easier to remove than heavy metals and other containment which is probably why city water is probably the easiest to work with. I just figure it's a little safer to do with pretreated water. Especially for the Beneficial bacteria colonies.

Oh great! (No more buckets) I really missed having it all set up to the sink. After I ve learned I should be doing 50% once a week it'll make it real slick. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom