Addition needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need something awesome !! My tank is missing something . I rehomed my African Butterfly and Pictus Cat.
I have Pleco , 15 Cory's 2 upside down catfish, and 12 or so guppies, and 3 freshwater Gudgeons. Oh and 1 male Betta
I need a Centerpiece !!!! Something awesome and friendly and beautiful
40 gallon all live plants
Fluval 406 filter
-- has to be able to hold its own - my fish go into a frenzy when they eat !!!

If it's a common pleco, re-home him too. Then add a few more upside down catfish. I wouldn't add an additional species to a 40-gallon tank that already has 6 different fish. Also, keep an eye on the betta and guppies. You may eventually see torn fins.

Just my .02.

David

Male bristle nose Pleco and he stays he's my boy I found a cobalt blue guppy going to buy him today and a fire red Guppie going to buy him today

@ David -- you jinksed me !!! All my guppies got beat up!! Who did it, Betta or Gobies (Gudgeons) I don't want to get rid of the wrong culprit

You have the right culprits it's probably both but the betta will be doing most damage

Crap ! I love that Betta and he was $20 !!!!! Ill try to find a new home for him. Have him in a breeder box right now - floating

Good plan give him a 2-3 days and watch the tank because I have known gobies to get nasty so its not 100%
Good luck
And think your self lucky I had 1 betta take out my community tank in 1 night after very bad advice from a pet shop in the 80s it cost me over £100 and I almost quit fish its the worst sight I ever I can still remember the bodies floating

Some bettas do okay in a community and some just don't. That's the way it is... Anything wih flowing fins and/or the same color(s) will be seen as a threat. Anything that swims at the top may also be seen as a threat.

David

Back
Top Bottom