Adf can't swim to the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sc166

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought 2 ADF's yesterday and this morning one of them just floats/swims around the surface of the tank. He's tried to swim to the bottom a bunch of times but he makes it half way and starts floating up again. Yesterday he was making it some top to bottom and back around again no problem. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds to me like swim bladder disease. not entirely sure though because I have no idea if ADF's have one. Just see if you can feed it peas, that would definitely help. Are there are external signs of damage? Red bumps, white spots etc.

I don't see anything wrong with him. I thought the same thing too about the swim bladder but I'm no expert.

He just made it to the bottom but floated back up

I don't know any cures for swim bladder other than to hope that it gets better. You should look it up and get some advice. Try googling it and see if it comes up with anything.

How far is it to the bottom? It shouldn't be more than 24 inches because that's what the forest floor gets to be in flood season in Kenya.

He is fine now :) I think it was just some bloating thanks for the help everyone

Back
Top Bottom