ADF - how feed when on trip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumPage

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be leaving my African Dwarf Frog and Betta for about 5 days. I have feeding blocks for the Betta but what should I do for my ADF? Thanks. I'm leaving Thursday so quick advice would be appreciated.

I may be wrong, but if they are anything like fish, they will be fine for 5 days. Make sure they have had food to eat before you leave - don't overdo it - just feed them normally. It is better to leave it, then to add something that is going to mess up your water quality. I think he will be fine :)

Your fish should be fine.

Maybe do a PWC and test the water just you feel better and more confident when you leave!

Personally I would just leave them for 5 days and not feed anything , when you get back give them a treat! Shrimp or something like that. :)

Get that feeding block out of there. It will only foul the water in your absence.

Fishy Aston said:
+1

The food is going to start to rot and that is going to put your Ammonia levels through the roof!

Well then I have been having trouble with ammonia since it is at an extreme in my tap water so I will just get them some bloodworms for when I get back.
Would they both like bloodworms? Or is there something else that both the Betta and the ADF would enjoy more? (something I can get at the pet store packaged) I feed my Betta peas and he loves them and helps him poo, haha.

Any other suggestions for preparations?

Thanks, the info has been helpful.

Yes :)

They both like bloodworms easy for the ADF to sniff out as they are blind!

:) Im sure they will enjoy there treat!

Five days is nothing. Do not leave food in the tank whatever you do. They both adore bloodworms. If the betta steas the food not only does overeating kill betta but the frogs will not get enough. Turkey baster or upside down flower pot with a hole in the side or any kind of low cave... Just make sure no leftovers remain.

He has already gone on his trip...

When you return please tell us what you did
And what the outcome was

Aston

Fishy Aston said:
He has already gone on his trip...

When you return please tell us what you did
And what the outcome was

Aston

I'm a she. But I did a water change and fed them right before I left.

Sorry about that I can never tell if it is a he or a she! Sooo sorry :)

Ok and have you tested the water now you have returned?
You are testing by a Api Test Kit right?

Great stuff :)

Thanks Aston ! :D

Fishy Aston said:
Sorry about that I can never tell if it is a he or a she! Sooo sorry :)

Ok and have you tested the water now you have returned?
You are testing by a Api Test Kit right?

Great stuff :)

Thanks Aston ! :D

I'm still on my trip. Will be returning Monday afternoon. I don't have any money for the API testing kit but do have some test strips left. When I get enough money probably soon I'll get a testing kit. I want to get one so... I'll let y'all know how everything went when I get back!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom