Advice for betta sorority

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gallonmilk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This I think is the direction I want to go with my tank so I was wondering if anyone had a tank with a betta sorority . What type of plants or hideouts for them works best? How many of them should be in 36 gallon? ( I probably won’t do the maximum).what are some tips for helping reduce the amount of aggression? Should I introduce them to the tank at the same time? I just am willing to hear any tips that would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

You can get small and fast schooling fish for the tank. Always put the bettas in last and at the same time. You can make hides but just putting rocks together, you can also buy some hides from fish stores or buy terracotta pots. Any plants work as well, live plants work best. You can do research on what types of bettas are the least aggressive and you’ll want each betta to have 5 gallons each. If you add schooling fish make sure they have a few gallons for themselves too. You could have 5-7 bettas (7 is the max if you don’t add schooling fish. If you add schooling fish do 5 or 6 bettas). Tetras work great as schooling fish in betta sororities.

I never recommend a betta sorority but some people can make it work. Like stated above, LOTS of good hides and make sure each queen has enough territory to claim and reign over so they leave each other alone. Keep a close eye on them (pretty much forever) to ensure nobody is getting beat up. Bettas are so unpredictable, as far as living with each other, that you never know what you're going to get. Good luck!

Thank you both I’m going to keep researching before I I do or do not get them. How aggressive do you think they’ll be after they’re used to each other?

Back
Top Bottom